Do you have any concerns or questions about pet surgery? We want to help.
Your pet is always in excellent hands at our clinic in Long Grove, especially if they’re seeing us for surgery. Our team is dedicated to taking what could be a stressful situation and turning it into a positive experience via outstanding care for your pet, and constant communication with you about what to expect. We provide a variety of surgical services for dogs and cats and follow multiple steps to make surgery as safe and comfortable as possible for your companion.
Safety Protocols to Give You Peace of Mind
At Skycrest, pet surgery involves a multi-step approach that includes:
- Having you meet with a surgical technician the morning of your pet’s procedure to discuss their surgery treatment plan and answer all of your questions.
- Performing a pre-surgical examination to assess your pet’s condition.
- A dedicated surgical technician assisting the veterinarian throughout your pet’s surgery, from preparation to recovery.
- Your pet’s veterinarian contacting you after your pet has awakened from the anesthesia to explain how the surgery went and assigning a pick-up time for your pet.
- When you arrive for pick-up, your pet’s surgical technician will discuss post-op care instructions, which typically include reducing food and water intake for the night, softening your pet’s food for easier digestion, limiting exercise, and having your pet wear an e-collar to protect their incision until it is sufficiently healed.
- Recommending a follow-up appointment within 10-14 days to remove your pet’s sutures and answer any remaining questions.
Surgeries Performed by Our Veterinarians
To accommodate our patients’ needs as much as possible, we offer a variety of soft tissue procedures, including:
- Spay and neuter
- Cryptorchid surgery
- Mass/tumor removal
- Gastropexy (to prevent bloat)
- Surgical repair of laceration injuries
- Abdominal exploratory surgery
- ...and more