Cat and dog teeth cleaning is one of the most overlooked aspects of pet care--most pets are well on their way to having dental disease by age 3! To prevent dental disease and other issues, here at Skycrest Animal Clinic we recommend brushing your pet's teeth every day and scheduling semi-annual teeth cleanings at our clinic in Long Grove.
Why You Should Start Your Pet’s Dental Routine Early
The sooner you start brushing your pet's teeth at home, the easier it will be for them and you. Also, brushing your pet’s teeth every day will reduce plaque and tartar buildup and increase the amount of time between professional teeth cleanings.
Signs of Poor Oral Health
- Bad breath
- Heavy drooling
- Swollen gums
- Dropping food
- Eating less
- Behaving differently (less active, more withdrawn, irritable, etc.)
- Brown/yellow buildup along the gum line
Our Pet Dental Care Services
At Skycrest Animal Clinic, we have all the tools needed for diagnosing and treating dental disease successfully. These include:
- A thorough dental exam while your pet is under anesthesia for a more accurate assessment
- Dental X-rays on a case-by-case basis to aid with diagnosing dental disease
- Teeth cleaning and polishing above and under the gum line
- Tooth extractions and other minor oral surgeries as needed
We also offer high-quality pet dental care products to supplement your pet’s home care routine. If you have any questions about our dental services or need an appointment, you can contact us at (847) 634-3538.